Q-SYS Designer Software is the most powerful yet simple advanced DSP design software on the market today. This software enables the user to create designs for native Q-SYS Platform system and also supports the integration of the greater Q-SYS Ecosystem. The system design environment was created specifically to be intuitive and easy to use. It is laid out without clutter or complicated multi-level menus. As a result, the software allows system integrators to focus their energy on building the audio system, rather than laboring over a complex software learning curve.
• One Software for all System Sizes: Q-SYS Designer Software is a single application for use with every Q-SYS Core category for projects of any size.
• Emulation Mode: Build the majority of your system without hardware.
• Third-party peripheral support: Q-SYS allows for control of external devices through available LUA scripting.
• User Control Interfaces: Design custom buttons, import graphics, add UCI PIN protection as an addition layer of protection and build user controls for touchscreen controllers.
Note: Before upgrading, be sure to create backup copies of your Q-SYS design files for the current version and older versions. Also, make backup files for all media you have on the Core. To avoid overwriting your backup copies, be sure you do not open the backup copies with the newly installed version of Q-SYS Designer Software.
Updated Features v9.6
Deploy Q-SYS Control and automation on your own PC or server
Introducing Q-SYS vCore + Q-SYS Control feature license
- Add control and automation to spaces that don’t require dedicated Q-SYS audio or video functionality
- Enables control and automation for video displays, IP occupancy sensors, video source switching, lighting control and UC platform-specific user control enhancements
- Integrates Q-SYS Control products, such as TSC Series touchscreens and QIO Series network control expanders (IR, GPIO, Serial) along with the Attero Tech C1 controller
- Tie disparate room devices to Q-SYS Reflect Enterprise Manager ot monitor your system from a single pane of glass
- Deploy on your own PC or server device using any of the supported hypervisors.
- New Disable PowerSave control on the CX-Q, CXD-Q, and DPA-Q Amp Output components lets you prevent amplifiers from going into PowerSave mode.
Want a quick overview of new features?
We give you a quick tour of the notable new features in each major release of Q-SYS Designer Software. To learn more about using Q-SYS Designer Software, visit Q-SYS Training.
Q-SYS Designer Software v9.6
Released November 16, 2022
Q-SYS Designer Software v9.4.3 LTS (long-term support)
Released September 28, 2022
The long-term support version provides critical bug fixes and security updates, plus compatibility with minor revisions of supported hardware, while maintaining the feature-set of Q-SYS Designer Software v9.4. This version will be supported for 24 months from the date of release or until the promotion of a new release to LTS status.
New Media File Management API
Provides more modern, secure methods of managing audio files and playlists on Cores running Q-SYS v9.0.0 and higher.
Please keep in mind:
- The existing “/media” audio file management API that you may be using was deprecated with the release of v9.5. Please note that the FTP Server capability was deprecated at the same time.
- If you intend on using these new Media File Management APIs, look to future Q-SYS Designer Release Notes for details on changes and improvements as they arrive.
QDS Archive Versions
Request a previous or End-of-Life (EOL) version of Q-SYS Designer Software for legacy systems.
3rd Party Plug-in & Scriptable Controls
Q-SYS has partnered with several AV&C technology manufacturers to provide a broad portfolio of prebuilt plugins. This makes integration of third-party devices into a Q-SYS system a simple drag-and-drop configuration.
Software Integration Alliances
Q-SYS Control for iOS
Design user control interfaces for your iOS device within Q-SYS Designer Software and use this free app to wirelessly control any element of your Q-SYS system from your iPhone or iPad.
Q-SYS Online Help
The Q-SYS online help file is the most complete and latest help file for Q-SYS Designer Software and associated hardware and peripherals. You can access this help file from within Q-SYS Designer Software. The Q-SYS online help file is usually updated more frequently than the help file built into Q-SYS Designer Software.