Q-SYS Designer Software is the most powerful yet simple advanced DSP design software on the market today. This software enables the user to create designs for native Q-SYS Platform system and also supports the integration of the greater Q-SYS Ecosystem. The system design environment was created specifically to be intuitive and easy to use. It is laid out without clutter or complicated multi-level menus. As a result, the software allows system integrators to focus their energy on building the audio system, rather than laboring over a complex software learning curve.
• One Software for all System Sizes: Q-SYS Designer Software is a single application for use with every Q-SYS Core category for projects of any size.
• Emulation Mode: Build the majority of your system without hardware.
• Third-party peripheral support: Q-SYS allows for control of external devices through available LUA scripting.
• User Control Interfaces: Design custom buttons, import graphics, add UCI PIN protection as an addition layer of protection and build user controls for touchscreen controllers.
Note: Before upgrading, be sure to create backup copies of your Q-SYS design files for the current version and older versions. Also, make backup files for all media you have on the Core. To avoid overwriting your backup copies, be sure you do not open the backup copies with the newly installed version of Q-SYS Designer Software.
Updated Features v9.5
- Stream Q-SYS camera stream through NV-32-H (Core Capable) HDMI output – Extends the flexibility of the Q-SYS AV Bridging solution to HDMI destinations and devices, ideal for confidence monitors, overflow areas, or external recording devices. Supported in all device modes (Encoder, Decoder, Core), and available on HDMI output 1 only.
- NC Series network cameras
- Auto Focus Zone Control – choose focal area to avoid unwanted depth-of-field changing when new subject enters the intended field of view.
- New NC-110 Max Zoom Property- limit how deep a user can zoom to ensure the optimal image quality for the space
- Q-SYS Call Sync (in Beta) – Keep users informed on call status by automatically syncing LED status indicators on the TSC-G3 Series network touchscreens and NL-SB42 network soundbar with the connected UC platform or Softphone
- Q-SYS Control for Microsoft Teams Room application
- Access “Show UCI” and “Hide UCI” control pins for additional UX automation capabilities.
- Live video preview support, enabling realtime streams from Q-SYS cameras on third-party Teams Room controllers (at up to 30 fps).
- CSS extensions for Lua – Trigger CSS class changes during runtime, allowing for things like changing icon/text based on system state or changing the color scheme based on time of day.
- Support for external Lua modules – Makes it easier to reuse complex code or expand functionality without cluttering the main script.
- Asset Manager UI improvements, including an inline “Install” button for easier downloading.
- Q-SYS Core 110f now supports up to 16 Software-based Dante flows – Integrate more low-channel count Dante devices; matches the capacity supported by the Core Nano, Core 8 Flex, and NV-32-H (Core Capable).
- Increased supported Media and WAN Streaming Components count
- Core Nano / Core 8 Flex / NV-32-H (Core Capable): 6 components / 12 channels
- Core 110f / Core Nano / Core 8 Flex with Commercial AV Bundle Scaling license: 12 components / 24 channels
- Increased the USB Router limit from 16 x 16 to 64 x 64 – Allows you to route more HID devices, such as a mouse or keyboard, between more points of use.
Q-SYS Reflect Enterprise Manager
- Enterprise Manager Presets (in Beta) – Create a single set of settings (basic network, date & time, audio files) that can be deployed across multiple Q-SYS Cores at one time.
Important Notice: Named Component Update
Improved user label functionality and selectable security access via external control or Q-SYS script for specified components.
- Code Name: Q-SYS will automatically assign any added component a unique Code Name for more precise access via script or external control
- Script Access: Defines named component Accessibility:
- SCRIPT (Q-SYS internal script access)
- EXTERNAL – (External)
- ALL* (Both Internal and external access)
* Default setting for Named Components in Q-SYS Designer Software up to v9.4.2
** Default setting for Named Components in Q-SYS Designer Software v9.5 and beyond
Q-SYS Designer Software v9.5
Released August 29, 2022
Q-SYS Designer Software v9.4.3 LTS (long-term support)
Released September 28, 2022
The long-term support version provides critical bug fixes and security updates, plus compatibility with minor revisions of supported hardware, while maintaining the feature-set of Q-SYS Designer Software v9.4. This version will be supported for 24 months from the date of release or until the promotion of a new release to LTS status.
New Media File Management API
Provides more modern, secure methods of managing audio files and playlists on Cores running Q-SYS v9.0.0 and higher.
Please keep in mind:
- The existing “/media” audio file management API that you may be using was deprecated with the release of v9.5. Please note that the FTP Server capability was deprecated at the same time.
- If you intend on using these new Media File Management APIs, look to future Q-SYS Designer Release Notes for details on changes and improvements as they arrive.
QDS Archive Versions
Request a previous or End-of-Life (EOL) version of Q-SYS Designer Software for legacy systems.
3rd Party Plug-in & Scriptable Controls
Q-SYS has partnered with several AV&C technology manufacturers to provide a broad portfolio of prebuilt plugins. This makes integration of third-party devices into a Q-SYS system a simple drag-and-drop configuration.
Software Integration Alliances
Q-SYS Control for iOS
Design user control interfaces for your iOS device within Q-SYS Designer Software and use this free app to wirelessly control any element of your Q-SYS system from your iPhone or iPad.
Q-SYS Online Help
The Q-SYS online help file is the most complete and latest help file for Q-SYS Designer Software and associated hardware and peripherals. You can access this help file from within Q-SYS Designer Software. The Q-SYS online help file is usually updated more frequently than the help file built into Q-SYS Designer Software.