Q-SYS Designer Software is the most powerful yet simple advanced DSP design software on the market today. This software enables the user to create designs for native Q-SYS Platform system and also supports the integration of the greater Q-SYS Ecosystem. The system design environment was created specifically to be intuitive and easy to use. It is laid out without clutter or complicated multi-level menus. As a result, the software allows system integrators to focus their energy on building the audio system, rather than laboring over a complex software learning curve.
• One Software for all System Sizes: Q-SYS Designer Software is a single application for use with every Q-SYS Core category for projects of any size.
• Emulation Mode: Build the majority of your system without hardware.
• Third-party peripheral support: Q-SYS allows for control of external devices through available LUA scripting.
• User Control Interfaces: Design custom buttons, import graphics, add UCI PIN protection as an addition layer of protection and build user controls for touchscreen controllers.
Note: Before upgrading, be sure to create backup copies of your Q-SYS design files for the current version and older versions. Also, make backup files for all media you have on the Core. To avoid overwriting your backup copies, be sure you do not open the backup copies with the newly installed version of Q-SYS Designer Software.
Updated Features v9.10
Start incorporating these Q-SYS products into your designs
- New QIO Series network I/O devices: QIO-TEL2 (POTS) and QIO-AES8x8 (AES3)
- PL Series performance loudspeakers (including PL-LA, PL-SUB and PL-DC)*
- AcousticDesign Series zero bezel ceiling loudspeakers
- Integrate Q-SYS Control capabilities with the UC Compute Bundle. Microsoft Teams Rooms Integration feature license enables up to 4x UCIs and 8x scripts/plugins per license and is deployable on any Q-SYS Core!
*Important Note: There is a known issue in Q-SYS Designer Software that prevents the PL-LA line array component from displaying the correct number of pins to coincide with the number of array segments in the properties menu. We are working on a hotfix in the coming weeks and will send further communication when that is ready.
Q-SYS Reflect Enterprise Manager
- Apply software patches to Q-SYS systems without changing firmware, including security updates and bug fixes. (Currently applicable to one system at a time, with a future update planned to enable software patches on multiple systems at once.)
- Manage UCI Variables during runtime: Manage UCI Variables from Enterprise manager, allowing changes such as changing themes or button labels on a UCI without taking the Q-SYS system offline.
Dual encoding for NV-21-HU network video endpoint
- Enables both the HDMI in and USB-C to encode separate video streams to the network (1080p maximum resolution) when set as an encoder.
- New UCI Toolbox for UCI Controller: Incorporates a range of UI tools, including buttons, knobs and faders that can be dragged onto your UCI rather than copying the controls from individual design components.
Improved Security for Q-SYS Cores
- Enable more robust passwords for users accessing Q-SYS Cores through Q-SYS Core Manager: Administrators may now designate minimum password lengths, password complexity requirements, limit login attempts and more to comply with their organization's security policies*.
- Administrators can now restrict file types that can be uploaded to Q-SYS Cores: Ensures that only approved file types can be uploaded via Q-SYS Core Manager for storage/usage on the Core.
- Deprecated HTTP access to Q-SYS Core Manager in compliance with modern security standards to ensure a more secure environment.
- Unapproved and deprecated ciphers have been removed for compliance with current encryption standards and best practices.
*Important Note: Updating to v9.10 will migrate the user database to a more secure password storage format that is not backwards compatible. If the system is subsequently downgraded to an earlier version, Access Control will be disabled and User Accounts will be lost.
Want a quick overview of new features?
We give you a quick tour of the notable new features in each major release of Q-SYS Designer Software. To learn more about using Q-SYS Designer Software, visit Q-SYS Training.
Q-SYS Designer Software v9.10.0
Released January 25, 2024
UPGRADE NOTICE: If you are upgrading from version 9.1.x or later, no additional steps are necessary. If you are upgrading from 9.0.x or earlier, see the Release Notes for upgrade path requirements.
Q-SYS Designer Software v9.4.6 LTS (long-term support)
Released December 1, 2023
The long-term support version provides critical bug fixes and security updates, plus compatibility with minor revisions of supported hardware, while maintaining the feature-set of Q-SYS Designer Software v9.4. This version will be supported for 24 months from the date of release or until the promotion of a new release to LTS status.
Users using Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series or similar switches that don't support 10Mbps are not recommended to upgrade Q-SYS Designer Software and Core firmware to 9.4.4 or above (9.5 and 9.6). We have discovered an issue with Q-SYS TSC Series Gen 1 and Gen 2 touch panels running 9.4.4 or above while having the LAN port connected to a network switch port which does not support 10 Mbps. Q-SYS TSC Series Gen 1 or Gen 2 touchscreen controllers connected in this way may become inoperable and require a connection to a 10 Mbps switch in order to downgrade firmware to a previous version and become functional again.
Users using Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series or similar switches that don't support 10Mbps are not recommended to upgrade Q-SYS Designer Software and Core firmware to 9.4.4 or above (including 9.5, 9.6 and 9.7). We have discovered an issue with Q-SYS TSC Series Gen 1 and Gen 2 touch panels running 9.4.4 or above while having the LAN port connected to a network switch port which does not support 10 Mbps. Q-SYS TSC Series Gen 1 or Gen 2 touchscreen controllers connected in this way may become inoperable and require a connection to a 10 Mbps switch in order to downgrade firmware to a previous version and become functional again.
New Media File Management API
Provides more modern, secure methods of managing audio files and playlists on Cores running Q-SYS v9.0.0 and higher.
Please keep in mind:
- The existing “/media” audio file management API that you may be using was deprecated with the release of v9.5. Please note that the FTP Server capability was deprecated at the same time.
- If you intend on using these new Media File Management APIs, look to future Q-SYS Designer Release Notes for details on changes and improvements as they arrive.
QDS Archive Versions
Request a previous or End-of-Life (EOL) version of Q-SYS Designer Software for legacy systems.
3rd Party Plugin & Scriptable Controls
Q-SYS has partnered with several AV&C technology manufacturers to provide a broad portfolio of prebuilt plugins. This makes integration of third-party devices into a Q-SYS system a simple drag-and-drop configuration.
View Q-SYS Technology Partners Plugins
Q-SYS Control for iOS
Design user control interfaces for your iOS device within Q-SYS Designer Software and use this free app to wirelessly control any element of your Q-SYS system from your iPhone or iPad.
Q-SYS Online Help
The Q-SYS online help file is the most complete and latest help file for Q-SYS Designer Software and associated hardware and peripherals. You can access this help file from within Q-SYS Designer Software. The Q-SYS online help file is usually updated more frequently than the help file built into Q-SYS Designer Software.